Explore...

Read and rate Travel Journal Entries for Hillsboro, Texas, United States

Dec 12, 2018 - A Misplaced Badger

Wednesday, December 12 We were up by 5:30 and after a breakfast / coffee stop at a nearby Panera’s, we were on the road toward Wichita by 7:30. Outside of beautiful, sunny weather and miles of Kansas, Oklahoma and north Texas, this was a pretty uneventful day. Oh sure, the Flint Hills between Emporia and Wichita make you feel like you’re way out west, the constant oil wells are cool to see (wish I owned a few), and Fort Worth traffic is still horrible, but it was a bit of “been there - done that” all day. One thing I will say is that all...

Jump to full entry

Trip Journal


Mexico 2018-2019

Dec 13, 2017 - Those Texicans Have Got It Good

Most of you are aware that due to Jill’s health issues, she is required to take a pretty significant number of prescribed medicines on a daily basis. Of course that means that before we leave for Mexico, we have to work with our health insurer to secure a four month supply of all of our respective medications - never an easy task - darn insurers. Interestingly, one of her prescriptions is a liquid that needs to be refrigerated constantly. To accomplish this, and to keep my sandwiches and my personal day’s end medication (beer) cold as well,...

Jump to full entry

Oct 13, 2009 - 'the Buck starts here'

Motto of the Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing - Tuesday, October 13 Today we traveled to Fort Worth to take a tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing’s Western Currency Facility. This is where 61% of the nation’s paper currency is manufactured. 25 years ago I toured the Bureau’s Eastern Currency Facility in Washington DC, where the other 39% of our money is printed. I remember seeing barrels and barrels of greasy looking green and black ink, and sheets and sheets of greenbacks coming out of presses that were huge but relatively...

Jump to full entry

Trip Journal


2009 Spring 2 Fall

Aug 28, 2009 - Day Three - Hillsboro, TX

Long day in the saddle..11 hours...540 miles. Left New Orleans at 7:30 am after a great night out. We hit Bourban Street shortly after arriving - first stop was a cute little corner bar where Jimbo fell in love with the cajun bartender. Guys drank beer - Lynda asked the bartender to give her the bartender's favorite. Let's just call it the 1.2.3. punch since it was made with vodka AND EVERCLEAR! Tasted just like fruit punch! We had a terrific dinner at Deanie's - after charbroiled oysters, Jimbo had the catfish, Alan the seafood platter...

Jump to full entry

Oct 4, 2007 - R&R at Lake Whitney, TX

Monday, Sept 24 thru Wednesday, Oct 3 I had caught Drew's cold, and after 2 weeks he still wasn't feeling very well so we decided it was time to just find a quiet spot and stay put for a while. The Thousand Trails park at Lake Whitney in north central Texas fit the bill. During the week the park was almost deserted - we rested, we slept, we doctored ourselves. On Saturday the camp population grew. Breakfast was served both Saturday and Sunday mornings at the Family Center. Saturday evening there was a very good dinner followed by two...

Jump to full entry


Advertisement
OperationEyesight.com