Boondooma and Carnarvon travel blog

ready to leave the Gun Club

diversity of colours is amazing - green red, yellow, grey, white

morning tea at Glenmorgan

the "End of the Line"

the Motoring Museum at Glenmorgan

Glenmorgan Campdraft participants

Moonie Crossroads Motel

Sat 3rd October - Roma to Moonie

The town of Moonie doesn't show on the map so I've marked the map as Glenmorgan overnight

9:00 we departed the Gun Club heading south towards Surat. Glad to say we now have full batteries on both the van and the car. At Surat we turned E to Glenmorgan (orig 2 words on the station) where we pulled up at the old “End of Line” railway station for m/tea. The rail line was finished in 1933 and was originally bound for Surat but never went past Glenmorgan. Not sure when it stopped being used to carry grain into Dalby. While having our cuppa we could hear sounds carrying across from somewhere in town. Our trusty “Mr Google” tells us it is the annual Glenmorgan Campdraft in the show grounds. Continuing E to the little crossroads locality of Big Gums where we turned S to Moonie. This is a tiny community of about 190 people and we are staying behind the Moonie Crossroads Hotel on a large road base area with about 10 powered sites of which we took up 3. Arrived at 1:30, had lunch, stayed hitched, had a cuppa and did a bit of book reading till it was cool enough to go walking along the road to the school. The school looks as if it could take a couple hundred pupils but in fact it has about 25 pupils and 2 teachers. The grounds are immaculately kept.

Late afternoon we played Old Joe card game under the shady tree until tuna casserole was prepared by Dell for tea for us all with dessert provided by Elaine. After tea a power failure, probably caused by the high winds we’ve had, caught out Jan and I in the showers. Lucky we had torches with us. After tea Ron suddenly had a burst of memory recall while we were chatting remembering that he had not sent out the next months prayer roster which started tomorrow morning. A couple of quick phone calls and some hasty laptop work dealt with the issue and a dozen emails were despatched to deal with the issue. Power came back on at 11:30 waking us by the ding of the microwave receiving power.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |