- followed ViaRhona path (more or less) - including a huge levy path , to Beaucaire. Briefly met a German couple cycle touring.
- Beaucaire was a nice looking town with lots of boats on a canal, which met the Rhône
- We had coffee stop in a lovely shaded old square (where I’d been 2 years earlier)
- Took a great bike path all the way to the Pont du Gard. Included an old train tunnel with fabulous coloured lights that changed as we rode through.
- Had picnic lunch by side of trail just before going into the park to see the bridge.
- Fantastic historic monument from 1 AD Only took 6 hrs to build.
- We spent an hour or more here looking at it, ringing under it and across it!
- Had accommodation close by. A lovely room in a B&B type of place, with lots of private rooms
- Had dinner there on their terrasse and the owner couple joined us for a drink before dinner. Then chatted with us over dinner.
Accommodation 66€ for 2 including breakfast
Distance Today: 50km Distance Total: km
Perfect day. Low 20s and no wind
Picnic with tinned salad and mimolette cheese
Dinner € pp
Onion tart - T
Dried sausage, boiled eggs, spiced chickpeas, lentils , home made olives, 3 local cheeses
Local red wine from Le pont du Gard