- During breakfast, from our window, we watched the city of Béziers cleaners empty the garbage bins, machine sweep the streets and square , pressure clean the roads and all exposed items such as bench seats, then hand sweep any remaining hard to get areas. Amazing. And indeed the city was always totally clean!
- I’m leaving the apartment we rode back to the interesting ‘nine’ locks (6 working) and studied it in more detail, watching a couple of day cruise barges move through the 6 locks.
- Continued on the EV8 to the aqueduct that takes the canal over the top of the big river running through Béziers. A fascinating construction so high above the river.
- The bike path next to the canal du midi was quite good today although some parts were bad where they had torn up the surface and were relating it. Still much better than the earlier sections.
- Stopped in Agde for coffee This town was bigger than we had expected.
- Stopped at a bakery for bread for Tom and they had some GF bread. Couldn’t resist buying a loaf and support the GF industry. lots of boating activity here.
- Rode on to Sète and had a picnic by the sea. Then found our way through the maze of streets and waterways in Sète. We hadn’t realised how big the place was and how complex the waterways were. Lots of people and traffic.
- Interesting fishing hut areas too.
- Arrived in Frontignan with time to quickly ride around before checking in.
- Stored the bikes in a special lockup area in the basement of the apartment building.
Accommodation 51€ for 2
Distance Today68: km Distance Total: 1420 km
Cool start but if warmed to be very pleasant
Extensive breakfast of eggs, muesli , toast, yoghurt, rice in milk and fruit. Tom excelled himself today.
Lunch $18 for 2
Snack I. Waterside restaurant. Seafood pie - T
Pannacotta - P
Dinner 19€ pp
Star shaped pizza - t
Salad - P
We had red wine and grapes for dessert.