- Heavy morning traffic as we left Bayonne but we were on separated bike paths next to the river so sailed past as cars at a standstill
- mostly separate bike path except some roads after Biarritz and even more after St Jean de Luz
- Heavy sun ‘shower’ as we left Biarritz
- Great beaches and lovely views for much of the way
- Morning tea stop in Bidart in town square. Cute little town
- Lunch in cafe terrasse in St Jean de Luz. I liked the feel if this town more than Biarritz. It was interesting with a large fishing port and old streets.
- Had road to ourselves as we climbed out of town as road officially closed as there was a film being shot there. Not much activity on set as we rode through.
- Day was heating up in low 30s as we rode into Hendaye. Followed coast around past main beach where I had started the GR10 walk with 2 other friends in 2015. All looked very familiar!
- Staying in lovely spacious and light apartment only a block from where I stayed last time. True coincidence
- Walked a little around the area before having dinner
Accommodation 81€ for 2. Lovely large apartment with washing machine but weak wifi! Otherwise it was excellent
Distance Today: 50km Distance Total: 982km
Overcast then hot
Lunch 12€ pp
Peppers stuffed with salted cod and rice
Dinner 24€ pp in local restaurant 10 mins from apartment
Duck - T
Swordfish - P