PHOTOS TO FOLLOW
- started learn to get photos of oyster huts and boats before leaving
- About 10km of separated bike path next to a road running though pine forests
- Lots of ups and downs for first half of day as the path went over the constant sand dunes. Saw the famous Pilat Dune. Lots of very white sand!
- Trail left the road and wandered through forests and scrub for much of rest of day. This was either near beaches or around lakes. Plenty of holiday areas with large camp grounds very quiet at this time of the year.
- Stopped for a coffee break at a camping holiday area.
- Quite a few other cyclists ( touring and local) on the route today.
- Lunch in Biscarrosse after several false starts looking for somewhere to eat.
- Very happy to arrive at our AirBnb which is a very nice independent studio attached to a house. Access to garden and quite private.
Accommodation 63€ for 2. AirBnb
Nice studio with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a front and back terrasse
Distance Today: 80km Distance Total: 798km
High20s but felt like 30+ in the sun when we weren’t cycling
Muesli and yogurt
€27 for 2
Hamburger and panache (shandy) and coffee - T
Tuna salad and Perrier - P
Dinner 10€ for 2
Bread, cheese , dried sausage ,carrot salad, red wine on the terrace at our studio.