- started ride with a steep climb to Pujols, a very cute walled medieval village (high up). Impressed other tourists with out clim and they congratulated us on our endurance ( with the paniers!
- Main crops today were Fruit trees and corn. Tom has decided France survives on corn there is so much growing!
- Finally saw plums being harvested. A machine grabbed the trunk and shook the bejesus out of each tree, which was too much for the poor plums who then let go and fell into a huge apron spread out beneath. The apron folded and tipped the plums into a container behind the tractor.
- We left the Lot valley at Clairac. Just before the river emptied into the Garonne. Clairac seemed to be yet another interesting medieval town, only views as we cycled through.
- The climb out of the Lot valley into the Garonne was not at all arduous, which is what we had anticipated
Not as interesting as yesterday
Lots of cycling around Tonneins
Helpful cook at restaurant tried to help finding accomm for tomorrow
Accommodation 54€ for 2
Apartment lift for bikes
Looked terrible externally but fine inside and well setup
Helpful other resident assisted with entry and bike logistics
Distance Today: 63km Distance Total: 527km
Very pleasant cycling
Dinner 47€ for 2 people
Galette with tartiflette with salad