- probably my favourite day of cycling so far this trip.
- Great scenery,quiet roads, wonderful fruit
- Lots of walnut, fig and plum trees. And grapes of course
- Loved the fresh figs, then we came across the first of many plum orchards. Had to try some and they were the sweetest and nicest plums I’ve ever eaten. Picked 4 for lunch !
- Coffee stop at a wonderful bakery outside Fumel
- Lunch later in St Sylvestre next to river
- After lunch the route sign marking deteriorated greatly. Pity, it has been wonderful
Accommodation €71 for 2. Large apartment (AirBnb ) with a view over the chapel of the Penitents Blancs. Had to look up that religion!
-Walker into town centre for dinner
Distance Today:70 km Distance Total: 464km
Very cold when started 7C, but mid 20s from about 11 am
Breakfastincluded in accommodation
-fruit salad, yoghurt, bread and homemade jams. Tea and coffee
Cod and vege millefeuille (T)
Pork chops and veges (P)