2017 New Adventures of the Old Joyce travel blog

September 10, 2017 – Red Bay, Alabama

This morning I visited with Chris for a few minutes. She decided to leave today to avoid any weather created in this area by Hurricane Irma. I had intended to leave on Tuesday morning, but I’m going to leave tomorrow morning. The remnants of Irma will be a tropical depression by the time it gets here late Monday evening. They are predicting 45 mph winds and 2”-4” of rain here. If I leave by 8 or so tomorrow morning, I will be out of the way before it gets here. The only question is whether I’ll go through St. Louis or not. This morning, it looked like the remnants might hit St. Louis, but this evening, it looks like it will curve back east once it reaches the Tennessee/Mississippi/Alabama border. I guess I’ll make the decision tomorrow morning when they have a better handle on it.

I’ve spent the day doing laundry and editing pictures. My data resets to zero at midnight tonight so I’ll be able to start uploading pictures and posts.

It has been a great day today. There has been a light breeze and the temperature was only about 80. I had all the windows open and rally enjoyed the fresh air.


Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |