Anne & Tom Cruise Central America travel blog

Deck 8 Port Side - Our stateroom is at the far end

Bringing the tender boats back on board.

An original show

The "band" was done with voices only. The four singers/dancers were live.

Rainbow Trout for dinner

Special dessert

A sunset at sea

Lunch on day two at sea

Chocolate extravaganza


Seafood ravioli

Talking with our neighboring table mates


Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée

Last sunset at sea

Arriving at San Diego

All packed the night before

San Diego harbor

All the luggage on shore

Finding a taxi to go to the airport

The Spirit of St. Louis display in the San Diego airport

Our Virgin America plane came in at last - it was 3...

Sunset and the end of the cruise.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Feb. 7 & 8 & 9 2017. At Sea and And Disembarking at San Diego

The trip from Mexico back to the USA took two days on the open ocean about 30 miles west of the nearest land. So, what do you do when at sea - on a cruise ship? Eat of course. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks thrown in for good measure!

And there is entertainment. The Quest Singers and Dancers put on an intriguing show that had been written especially for Azamara Club Cruises called “Voices.” The music that normally is provided by the ship’s band (trumpet, trombone, saxophone, piano, and drums) is rendered completely by human voices! The four singers/dancers do live vocals to the prerecorded accompaniment with such versatility that there seems to be more than just four of them on the stage and flying over the open dance floor.

At dinner in Discoveries Restaurant, even if you ask for a table for two, these are in close proximity to other tables for two and most of the time a conversation between the couples evolves. On the last night both Anne and Tom had the wonderful Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée.

The ship reached the San Diego Pilot Station at 4:00 AM and was docked by 6:00AM. We had a quick breakfast and by 8:30, we had walked down the gangplank and into a cab to the airport for a noon flight to San Francisco. However due to heavy wind and rain in SF, our flight was delayed until 3:00PM and Tom’s plans to make Spaghetti Bolognese at Greg’s house almost evaporated. But we got in to the Topaz Sky Lounge (Greg & Chuck’s name for their home on Topaz Way in Diamond Heights) in time to chop the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic - brown up the meat and add the wine and tomatoes for a 8:30PM dinner. We slept well after our long day.

Share |