2015 Fero & Lois' Peru / Ecuador Adventure travel blog







Boo hoo, our last beach day. Following breakfast we pack up and head to the beach to soak up the morning sun until we have to check out at noon.

Our bus doesn’t leave until 6:00pm however we decided to leave the hotel and store our bags at the Excluciva Bus Station and have lunch in town and wander the beach there.

The morning started out cloudy which was just fine with us as it made the 30C bearable and we still managed to get a nice tan colour. We stayed as long as we could, then showered and off to town in our final mototaxi – they really are fun!

In town we headed to the main beach area to a restaurant that we read about on Trip Advisor, the Cevicheria Los Delfines. We found a perfect table on the second floor overlooking the beach so that we had a perfect viewing of the happenings! It was a great, well except for the gazillion power line wires – ha ha.

The food was fabulous and we had our ceviche fill once again. We took our time as we had over 4 hours to kill.

From here we walked as far as we could along the Malecon as a good portion of it is crumbling and slowly being washed out to sea. It appears that it has been built a wee bit to close to the constant surf and tide and the sand beneath the Malecon has been swept away. Such a shame.

We spent the next couple of hours watching beach goers of very sort enjoying this hot summer day (the clouds have disappeared so it is very hot now). We managed to stay cool sitting in a lovely breezeway with a some shade. It was a delightful way to spend an afternoon.

Before long it was time to head to the bus station. We chose Excluciva for this portion of the journey as they have luxury seats that recline 180degrees – almost like the first class pods on airlines. The trip to Lima is 18 hours so wanted to make it as enjoyable as possible!

Shortly after 6:00pm we boarded and settled into our very large comfy seats. We were on the top level (2decker buses) so we had a great vantage point to watch the world go by, although it was a bit rockier up here.

Around 8:30pm they served us a chicken and rice dinner which was palatable and we watched a movie. Before long, back went our seats and we were in sleep mode. It wasn’t a completely fitful sleep but was pretty good considering the roads in Peru.

Around 7am or so we stirred and were served a basic breakfast, which kept the hunger pangs away, while continuing to watch the scenery out our huge windows.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |