We decided to move further north today after seeing that the rain-sleet-snow line was a little further north than was predicted last night. We're at the Barnyard RV Park in Lexington, SC, just outside of Colombia. We've stayed here 3 or 4 times before because it is fairly convenient for a stopover when heading north or south, it has large pull throughs, and is relatively cheap. It's right next to the Barnyard Flea Market. We haven't been to the flea market yet.
Our route took us through Augusta and I had to at least stop by Augusta National Country Club to see what I could see. We stopped for lunch in a parking lot across the street because there was no way to get Winnie onto the property. I walked down the street to see if I could find an entrance I could get into, but no luck. The weather was crappy so I just headed back to Winnie so we could be on our way.
The storm out of the west seems like it is just north of us and there are again winter storm warning posted for areas along on our route in North Carolina. We'll probably get a later start tomorrow to make sure we don't run into the snow and give the ice a chance to melt is there is any on the roads. Stay tuned.