Di and Pete's 2014 Oz Adventure travel blog

Pink lake on way to Two Wells

One of the fleet

One of Annette's Ragdoll cats

Di, Annette and Brook in with the cats

The three Ragdoll kittens

Pete visits Mick's grave

Pete and Sharon at 40th Birthday party

Di and Pete at the party

Pete with his four nieces at the party

Pete gets into the party mood with Sharon

From Iron Knob we managed to get into Port Augusta without any further mishaps and replaced the broken fan belt plus had two others replaced as a precaution, we then decided to travel down to Two Wells and visit Pete's brother in law and his family as we have done on our last two trips.

Pete's brother in law and partner (Vic & Glenda) invited us to stay at their place, lucky for us they had plenty of room for us to set up camp and we even had power. We only intended on staying two days and were busily visiting all the relatives when we were asked to stay until Friday and attend the 40th birthday of Pete's nieces partner.

Vic and his sons have transport businesses and between the three of them have a lot of trucks, so Pete was in his element and I didn't see much of him whilst in Two Wells during the day as he was off with Vic doing truck stuff. Pete even got his plastering tools out again and did some repairs in the office at the truck depot and I gave Glenda a couple of lessons on the Ipad

Pete and I got to visit my nephew Michael who lives south east of Two Wells. It was great spending a few hours with Michael and his lovely little kids.

Annette (Pete's niece) breeds 'Ragdoll' cats and she has a very impressive setup for the cats plus three little kittens that we fell in love with, they were so cute and mischievous climbing on everything. We ended up visiting Annette a few times and even got them out of bed one night (the kittens I mean)

We went and visited the grave of Pete's very faithful dog 'Mick' who died on our first visit to Two Wells in 2007, the cross was still standing and I put flowers on his grave. It was very sad as he was a lovely dog and we both still really miss him.

The party was fancy dress but we didn't dress up this time. It was a good night and we were really glad we stayed on a few more days to attend. Pete caught up with his four nieces, two nephews and all their kids.

We ended up staying a total of four days in Two Wells and really enjoyed our stay. Vic and Glenda made us feel very welcomed.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |