Taylor's Travel Tales etc. travel blog

Jackie slept in this morning.....until about 7:00am. I got up about 8:00. That's early for me.

We had to make a trip to the Apple Store in Little Rock today to get Jackie's phone replaced that he just got in January. He noticed last week he wasn't receiving all his texts and calls. He took it to the AT&T store in Branson to see if they knew what was going on. They told him the silent/ringer button had a short in it that was silencing the phone at random times. Therefore he didn't know he was getting calls unless he had the phone in his hand and saw the screen light up. He has insurance on it but since it is less than 6 months old AT&T told him it had to go back to Apple for the factory warranty.

The closest Apple store to Branson is Kansas City, St. Louis, or Little Rock. Since we were coming to Russellville this week, he decided to wait and get it done while we were here.

So we left at 9:00am and drove to Little Rock. We were told when we got to the Apple store that we had to have an appointment. WHAT???? Their first opening was at 1:30pm. WHAT??? That was three hours to wait. Needless to say Jackie was a very unhappy Apple customer. But after several minutes of trying to talk them into a better arrangement, we took a seat at one of the desks and proceeded to wait, and wait, and wait some more.

Finally about 11:30 they told us that a tech rep had come to work early and she would see what she could do for us. In less than 30 minutes we were walking out with Jackie's new IPhone 4 in hand. He still has some programming issues that he is going to AT&T with tomorrow, but at least he can receive calls and texts again. YAY!!!!!

We drove back to Dardanelle and stopped in at our good friends, Bill and Kay's house. She is doing very well since her last back surgery. She can walk 350 feet at a time now which doesn't sound like much to most people, but for her that is a miracle. She and Bill even went out to lunch with us at Cracker Barrel. We haven't been able to do that in a very long time.

Sharon and Cendyl were in town taking care of some last minute wedding details, so they met us and we all had a wonderful lunch together. It was very special. I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like and now with Cendyl getting married and moving away, it will be even harder to get together.

After lunch we went back to Bill & Kay's and visited for a while before coming back to the lake.

Jackie tried once again to get the satellite to work, but no such luck. So for the second night in a row, no TV. I did watch a couple of shows that I had taped last week, so it wasn't too bad.

Another day has flown by and tomorrow is almost here, so until next time.....God Bless you all.....

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |