Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Three weeks from today we will be on the road again, staying overnight in Sikeston, MO.

We have talked about going on from Sikeston to West Memphis, Arkansas to stay at the Tom Sawyer RV Park for several nights, but the plan at this time is to move from Sikeston to Tupelo, MS and then travel the Natchez Trace down to Natchez, where we stay in an RV park across the river in Vidalia, Louisiana, before continuing on to Beaumont, Texas for one night.

Four weeks from today we should arrive at Llano Grande RV resort where we will set up our winter home.

Of course you good folks who read our blog will know which route we choose, as it happens.

Today we went out for lunch after Mass. Here in the Midwest, a breaded tenderloin sandwich is common in the restaurants.

They take a piece of boneless pork loin, pound it flat, bread it and deep fry it. It is usually so large that it hangs over on all sides of a dinner plate. Served on a bun with onions, tomato, dill pickles, and lettuce, along with catsup and mustard, it is mighty tasty.

By the time I finished that sandwich and the fried onion rings which were served with it, I was stuffed.

The Mark Twain Dinette also serves their own home-made root beer in frosty mugs. If you are ever in Hannibal, MO, you might want to try a lunch here.

Marilyn & I drove to Palmyra to watch Colby play soccer. They only have six players on the team and two of those failed to show up. The other team played four, sometimes five, and once all six players, but Colby’s team won by a score of four to two. Colby scored three of the four goals for his team.

Marilyn & I returned to the campground after the soccer match and of course, had to stop for the construction. While we were stopped, my cell phone rang and it was friends, Steve & Cathy. About 30 minutes later we were sitting together on the patio,and enjoyed a nice visit.

It was close to 6:30 and we all noticed that the temperature was dropping pretty fast.

We said “So Long” to our friends with a hug, and then went inside, turned the fireplace on to take the chill off, and sat down to a dinner of leftovers.

There wasn’t much of anything on TV that interested us, so Marilyn worked on her cross-stitch project and I read from the Kindle.

Another nice day for the memory book.

Life is Good!

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |