Our first stop of the day..


Point Wilson Lighthouse


Vickie & Sammy

Boarding the ferry for Whidbey Island

Vickie & Sammy on the ferry

Gloria, Vickie & Sammy

Next stop, Coupeville to pick raspberries


Next stop, Deception Pass




Jerry, Gloria & Sammy

Next stop, Anacortes

We had awesome Japanese food at the Tokyo Japanese Restaurant

Sammy at Cap Sante with Anacortes in the background

Vickie & Sammy Cap Sante

Next was a drive through Washington Park..

Vickie & Sammy

Next we drove to the top of the mountain on the right,...

Another view

Arriving at the top of Mt. Erie

I never saw a sign like this one before...

Vickie checking out the view


We did see one of the owls, but thank goodness he was...

Another view

Last one! :-)

We had another fun filled, exciting day in Washington. We drove to Port Townsend and visited the Fort Worden State Park and the Point Wilson Lighthouse. Fort Worden is a beautiful park, it is where the movie "Officer and a Gentleman" was filmed. Afterwards, we took the ferry over to Whidbey Island.

Our first stop on the island was the little town of Coupeville to pick raspberries, we are planning on making a pie and some raspberry cobbler. They also had a lot of cherry trees but they were not ready for picking.

Our next stop was Deception Pass. You walk out on a bridge and the views below are incredible. Sammy tossed a couple of rocks and watched them fall WAY below. :-)

Next, we did a bit of shopping and had lunch at Tokyo Japanese Restaurant in Anacortes. After a nice lunch and a bit of rest to charge our batteries back, we were on the road again to drive to the top of Cap Sante for more awesome views and a drive through Washington Park.

Our last stop of the day before returning home was Mt. Erie. This is a very exciting drive to the top of the mountain where you have to honk your horn and let other cars know you are coming around the curves. You can't see the cars coming until they are right on you.

We also saw one of the most unusual signs when we arrived on the top. They had a owl warning. It seems some angry owls have been attacking the joggers while on the trails, especially early morning and evening. We were there around 5:30 and did see a beautiful barred owl.

He was just sitting in the tree and was friendly enough. Vickie had a hard time getting Sammy to put the window down for a picture, he was afraid he would attack. :-) Glad this fella was a friendly one. He just watched us and then flew away.

That's all for today. Check back later for more from Washington and a trip to Victoria this weekend.

Share |