|- Today is International Women's Day. It's a big thing in Vietnam. A lot of women have the day off and their husbands or boyfriends take them out and make their day special.
- This morning Gyda showed up at my door with a beautiful flower she bought for me for Women's Day. So cute!
- On the way to breakfast we walked by a restaurant where we saw the cutest little puppy! Even though we were both really hungry we stayed there for more than 10 minutes just taking pictures of the dog, holding him, and playing with him. One of the cutest little puppies I've ever seen!
- We went out for breakfast and then walked over to Sinh Tourist company so I could buy my overnight bus ticket from Nha Trang to Hoi An (I leave the same night that I arrive from the Easy Rider trip). I realize I'm only going to have a little over a week after I get back from the trip and I need move kind of quickly through the rest of the country.
- We then took a long walk around the big lake toward the Flower Park. We walked through the flower park, which wasn't anything spectacular but it was pretty to walk though. I love that even in a big city like Dalat there is still so much nature infused throughout the city- it makes it really unique in Vietnam.
- Gyda and I then had a nice lunch at a restaurant on the lake. We thought it was going to be very expensive because its the only restaurant on the lake, but we found some soups on the menu that were only $2 and turned out to be delicious!! We both had the dumpling soup and got complimentary fruit drinks (maybe because it's Women's Day). It was one of the best $2 meals I've ever had. We were both really happy having such good food sitting right on the lake.
- We walked to the spot on the lake where there are peddle boats shaped like swans and rented one for an hour. It turned out to be pretty hard work and after only 25ish minutes it started drizzling so we headed back.
- Even though it was drizzling a little bit we walked through the market area and I bought some snacks for the three day Easy Rider trip.
- Went back to the hotel, relaxed, and worked on the trip journal.
- Went out to dinner with Gyda and had delicious noodles with beef and corn soup. Today was definitely a day of great food. For dessert we went to the bakery downstairs and each tried a mysterious Chinese pastry which we had no idea what it was filled with. Gyda's was not very good- it was filled with big pieces of ginger. Mine was okay, but not tasty enough to want to eat the whole thing. I can't even describe what was inside, I'm not sure what it was, it was really sweet but kind of weird tasting. I really like trying random foods around Asia even when I don't know what is in it. Sometimes it turns out I find something really amazing!