The Clayton's Travels travel blog

Sue and Fiona, High Tea at the Savoy

View from Waterloo Bridge, just on dark

We got up at about 9.30 and had a cup of tea and toast with Jane. We also got some much needed washing done! Jane and David went off to the local Tesco to shop and Sue headed back to the train station to get to The Savoy for ‘High Tea’. After shopping (Tesco is a huge supermarket that seems to be a ‘one stop shop’, you can buy all manner of stuff here) David booked our train ticket to Bristol for Wednesday and sorted out what trains we need to get on for the motorhome show tomorrow at the ExCel exhibition centre in London. Jane was off out at around 2pm and had suggested David take a walk up the road to a park. It was a good walk but it started to rain about half way there. He continued on to The Hand in Hand, a pub Jane had suggested might be good for a quiet ale, and had a lovely time in there going through photo albums on the iPad; it was great to look back through the recent past (up to 15 years ago). He didn’t get to the park in the end as it was still raining when he left the Hand in Hand but it was also starting to get a bit colder (4pm) so he was happy to walk back to Toddy’s.

Meanwhile Sue caught the train to Waterloo station and walked across Waterloo Bridge, to the Savoy Hotel. Checked her coat and found the lovely powderoom, before settling down to people watch while waiting for Fiona to arrive for 3pm. They were shown to a table right near the pianist, and started with a glass of champagne, and then a choice of tea, sandwiches, then scrambled eggs and salmon, then crumpets and jams, then cake! Yum! and such awesome surroundings. They parted company about 5pm; Fiona to go back to Hammersmith, where she has a couple more days in London, then a trip to Manchester, then on to France for some skiing. Sue managed to catch the overland train straight through to Raynes Park and was home just before 6pm.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |