|Praise God with us, yesterday afternoon the RT came and took the trach out! It is supposed to heal shut within 4 - 7 days. We are very thankful.
Some "new" glitches to overcome with your prayers.
- Jim has a bad case of thrush and is on antibiotics for that
- Jim now has to learn to swallow again and he failed the 1st testing (that was discouraging for him, but they say
that is very common
- Jim's kidneys are producing more but this needs continued prayer - he went 2 days without dialysis this time
I also wanted to thank all of you for praying for me through all of this. I was able to have Trev & Liz's home over the Christmas time while they were gone - but I had to "tree sit." Now Terry & Jade are gone over New Year's and I get their home - but now I "cat sit." It has been very good for my emotions and strength to have these two families and be able to stay at their homes. They have been very patient with me! We also were blessed with phone calls from Karleen & Kim during this time
Also thank you for praying for my safety during my commute to and from the hospital. I don't like to drive too much in the dark and rain, but God has hebazaar Two bazziar incidents I have had while driving:
- once there was a "protest" happening on my route home - but it didn't disturb the direction I was going in!
- second one - you know how you wonder how a truck with a high load would hit the overpass? well I was
driving beside a truck with a very high load (in the dark) and it was too high to go under the Highway 1
overpass - so it hit the overpass and wood from the crate started flying and thank the LORD my car wasn't
damages from the flying debris - he stopped and I kept going.
So we thank you so much for being our prayer team. Through the "long haul" we are on you have been there for us.
Bye for now from a thankful Joan.