Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Once again I awoke early but this time I was unable to get back to sleep. I tossed and turned for awhile and then crawled out of bed as quietly as I could.

I went down to the living room, turned on the fireplace, and sat with the computer, checking e-mails and messages on our blog.

Marilyn put the coffee on when she got up and I selected some soft music and kept the volume down low.

As we sat there, quietly, I noticed that Marilyn was crying softly.

I didn’t have to ask what was wrong. This is a difficult season for us as our daughter Kelly was born the day after Christmas.

We know that all parents who have lost a child experience more sadness at this time of year. It is simply the awareness factor, I think.

We are so thankful for our daughter, Jennifer and her family.

We miss Jennifer, Steve and the grandkids, especially at this time of year. It is wonderful to be able to speak with them on almost a daily basis.

We hope to spend the holidays with them next year.

Marilyn & I drove to Walmart to pick up a few needed items and then returned to the RV.

Our friends who are yet to arrive here at Llano Grande will be pleased to know that the intersection of Business 83 and Mile 2 West Road has been repaired and is just fine, which was certainly not the case when we left here last spring.

The highway from that intersection to the resort still has pot holes though! LOL

Marilyn and Teresa took off to go shopping around noon today, while Trent and I held the fort down.

I went outdoors to relax in a lounge chair with my book.

It didn’t take long to fall asleep, but Trent walked over to visit and I awoke to chat for awhile.

We decided to go shoot some pool and did that for a couple of hours. The competition between Trent and me is about the same as with Bob. All three of us play at about the same level so it is a lot of fun.

We returned to our RV’s just before the wives arrived from their shopping trip, and I was just about to get in the shower when Marilyn came in the door.

We decided to have happy hour on Trent & Teresa’s patio due to the clear sky, bright sunshine and warm temperatures.

I had all the fixing’s to make a pitcher of margaritas and that seemed like a good idea.

We enjoyed time with these good friends and didn’t come back home until the sun set behind the palm trees, signaling a cooling of the temperature.

We are having a simple dinner of soup and plan to watch the Missouri / Illinois basketball game on TV.

Life is Good!

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |