C & C's Adventures travel blog

Changing Leaves

Wild Flower

Growing in Stump

Rental "Yurt"

On Monday, we woke up to rain, and decided to stay in and work on the journal and watch TV.

Tuesday, it’s raining again. It stops about mid-morning and I walked down to the clubhouse. They have some magazines and I find a couple and sit reading while the kids are playing pool and the TV is going. It feels good to get out of the 5th wheel. I walked back at lunch time and set outside having lunch. Carolyn was cold and still had the fireplace going. It was too hot for me. We went to town about 2:00 to get fuel and groceries. We found a Fred Meyer store. It is part of the Fry’s company. It is like a super Wal-Mart. Carolyn is in the mood for Panda Express so we grab some meals to go and head home. We got our bike cover the other day so I got that installed before dinner. Then it was more TV and time for a shower. We don’t have any sewer hookup so we have been taking showers at the restrooms.

Wednesday and time to move again. We have been here 6 days and are going to Birch Bay to spend 2 weeks in one place. This will be the first time we have done that since we left. It will be interesting. It is only 38 miles and we arrive about 11:10. We have been told about this campground by some people who have been here. There is phase 1 and phase 2. We are going to stay in phase 2 so we can get satellite reception. It doesn’t have any trees, but it is only supposed to be in the 70’s for the next week.

We are only a few miles from the Canadian border and our friends we were supposed to meet have to fly back to Phoenix for a sudden death of a friend. We used to go to church with him and he is our age. He had a heart attack on Sunday and passed away. Steve was originally from Montana and we had a standing joke about wearing or not wearing coats. He leaves a wife and 2 kids behind. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |