Bumming Around with Daisy 2011 travel blog

Betty B, Linda and June

Betty B., June and Maddie

Charlie, Jeanette, Ethel, Bruce, Mikail and Sibyl

Charlie, Mikail, Bert, Ruth, Sibyl and Stuart

Jan, Annette and Stuart

Leo Millward and Ruth Stehling

Maxine Lisenbe and Betty Wendler

Sibyl White Singing and Glenda Alexander

Church of What's Happening Now

Mikail Delivering Sermon

Mikail, Larry and Coco

Sheet Lightning from Storm Cloud


This morning I had to get up very early so I could have Daisy's annual inspection done. This time I went to Don Hewlett Chevrolet in Georgetown, which Val has used for several years. Since she has been pleased with their service on her motorhome, I assumed that I would be, too. I arrived there at 8:00 but had to wait for about 2 1/2 hours. That is my only complaint.

Then I headed to Lampasas for the Cen-Tex LoW campout. This would be a very busy week end for me because, in addition to my regular duties as club secretary, I had to fill in for the president and vice-president. I was also the host for this campout. To add to the challenge, the treasurer had to cancel at the last minute due to motorhome problems. That meant that I was the only officer present. Yikes!!!

Attendance was good this time, with 24 members and one visitor, Leo Millward of England. It was good to see him again. He comes to the States several times a year and is quite the explorer.

Tonight we had our usual potluck dinner. I contributed the Cajun sausages that I brought back from Lafayette. I had cut them into small pieces and put them in the freezer. All I had to do then was to thaw them.


The business meeting this afternoon went smoothly (at least from my perspective). Ethel Fitzgerald (past treasurer) filled in for the treasurer and Donette Harpole took minutes for me during the business meeting. That was a great relief! Everyone was very understanding and helpful. They teased me about being a one-woman show.

Right after the meeting there was a heavy downpour with some quarter-sized hail, but it didn't last long nor interfere with our dinner plans. No one's RV was damaged. Some places to the north and northeast of Lampasas had a lot more severe weather than we did.

We had dinner at Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant, which is just half a mile from the RV park. They moved here from their previous location several miles from town. Their food and service were very good.

When we returned to the RV park, I took some photos of the storm clouds. I wanted to get some with jagged lightning but all I got was one with sheet lightning.


Tonight we had mostly leftovers from our potluck, with a few new dishes added. After dinner, Leo showed some funny clips from YouTube and TV programs. He has quite a collection!


This morning Mikail conducted a nice worship service for us. He played a small drum, Sibyl lead the songs and played her guitar and I played my keyboard. Mikail said he is naming it The Church of What's Happening Now. I suggested that our musical group be called the LoW Notes of Now. :>) Quite a few of the group attended and told us how much they enjoyed it. Jeanette took several photos with my camera during the service.

After the service Donette, with some help by Stuart and Larry, cooked and served a nice breakfast of orange juice, coffee and ground beef in pepper gravy over toast,. It hit the spot.

It has been a good campout. Ethel slept in my motorhome because she was left without a place to sleep when Jo had to cancel. Fortunately my dinette makes into a reasonably comfortable bed. I've thought about buying a twin-sized air mattress to use on it when I have an overnight guest.


Route: I-35 N to Exit 257 to Georgetown => TX 29 W to Burnet => US 281 N to Lampasas

Total Miles Driven: 111

Weather Conditions: Mild and dry

Road Conditions: Good

RV Park: Boone RV Park (www.boonervpark.com)

Park Conditions: Beautiful big trees, pull-throughs, free WiFi, very nice club house, highway noise

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |