Early this morning we canceled our planned trip to Palm Canyon due the to forecast of high winds. The forecast was quite accurate. We had heavy gusts of wind all day and our view of the horizon was dimmed by clouds of dust.
We went through the drill of taking down up the rig and drove to a city park just outside Bouse, maybe three miles from us, and paid ten dollars to empty the black and gray tanks and refill the fresh water tank. We can go ten to twelve days on the black tank, but by emptying it today we no longer have to worry as much about it since we are leaving on Sunday.
Back home we reset the rig and spent the afternoon watching the dust storm. We have an outdoor sensor that will talk to a little clock inside so we can get time and outside temperature. Doug put in a different place than he usually does when we arrived last week to keep it out of the sun and wind. Well, when he was loading up this morning he could not remember where he put it. It wasn't until we got back and were setting up that he found it in a curl in the sheet metal under the slide out.
We had new visitors to the compound today Geri and Larry. They have just hit the road as fulltimers having recently sold the Broken Arrow Campground which they built and operated in Custer SD. So we had a welcome dinner tonight. Ellie made taco soup and salad. Deb contributed corn muffins, and JoAnn provided a chocolate cherry dump cake.
We will try for an outing tomorrow to Palm Canyon as the wind is not expected to be high.