|Depart: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Arrive: Naryn, Kyrgyzstan
Overnight: Yurt Camp
- We set off in the morning saying our goodbyes to Norman, Jen, Sharyn and Mike. I do hope that many of our paths will cross again. Of course I shall meet Jen back in London but the July 7th seems very far away right now. She now faces a solo trip through Kazakhstan and Russia, before meeting up with her sister in Estonia and then flying back to London at the end of June.
- We were supposed to have seven new recruits, but one of them, Debbie, had her flight from Dehli cancelled and was stuck there at the airport. We left without her in the hope that she could somehow catch up with us.
- We stopped off at a very scenic reservoir for lunch but apart from that it was a pretty dull drive day.
- We pulled up in the town of Naryn and were in for a bit of a surprise - we would be staying in yurts instead of bushcamping - yay! This still meant that I had to cook, though Andrew and I recruited the non red-meat eater, Georgina, into our group and we set about cooking my customary chicken curry which went down pretty well I think.
- After dinner, I gave Jen a quick call to check if she had successfully caught her bus to Almaty in Kazakhstan. Needless to say, she was already in Almaty, typing away in an internet cafe. We were all pretty tired from the long drive and headed off to bed early.