|We spent a few days in Chitre on the Azuero Peninsula. Jason and Cayman got Panamanian haricuts in Chitre and Kim and Jason bought Panama hats in Ocu.
We came to Chitre to see the Corpus Christi festival, which we believed was this weekend. Arriving in Chitre, we got the following answers to the question: When is the Corpus Christi festival?
1) Our cab driver: "last weekend" (April 29th & 30th)
2) Lonely Planet guidebook: "40 days after Easter" (May 6th)
3) Hotel receptionist: "I don't know"
4) Another cab driver: "the following weekend" (this turned out to be a different festival)
5) Restaurant waiter: "June or July sometime"
6) Another hotel employee: "June 20th"
Needless to say, we never saw it, and still do not know when it is. As with Third World bus and ferry schedules, there is no truth...only consensus.