Callie's Australian Study Abroad - Spring 2005 University of the Sunshine Coast travel blog

This man is passed out by the Pool of Reflection. He is...

Royal Botanic Gardens

Our first view of the Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House again

Me and the Sydney Opera House, just thought I'd mix things up...

Here is the crew of us. Kyle, Me, Amy and Kristine

View from the ferry that night

While waiting for Amy to arrive I decided to email my mom and let her know I made it safely. Unfortunately I also had an email informing me that a friend from Fargo has been diagnosed with cancer. A website has been created for him and it can be found at My thoughts are with you Steve and Libby!

When Amy arrived we took a stroll north. The first section of our trip was threw Hyde Park which included a Pool of Reflection by the ANZAC War Memorial. I was quite amused by a man that was still passed out by the pool at noon. We stopped at St. Mary's Cathedral for a second before we were off to the Art Gallery of NSW. After that we enjoyed the Royal Botanic Gardens where we stopped to stare at the Government House. We then finally made it to what we were looking forward to, the Sydney Opera House. While there we took a guided tour which was shockingly interesting. Our next plan of action was to take a bus over the bridge so we could walk back over it. This simple plan ended up being quite the ordeal as we wondered around for a long time looking for the correct bus stop after getting far too much poor advice. Once we got over there it was all worth it. We got some good pictures and at the end of the Sydney Harbour Bridge we did the Pylon Lookout. The highlight of our day was the fact that Kyle was the first one out of all of us to get hit on by a guy. The best part of it all was that he was oblivious to it all which was probably a good thing. In order to cut down our walking time back to the hostel we took a ferry to Darling Harbour where we captured some more nice pictures of the opera house and bridge as the sun set. That night we went back to the opera house where we saw comedian Chris Addison. I thought he was well worth the money. We actually passed him a couple of times throughout the weekend. We saw him right outside the opera house picking his nose and the next day we saw him in Chinatown. After the comedian we went to Cheers. It wasn't exactly like the show on TV, but that doesn't mean we didn't have one heck of a time.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |