Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog









I went to bed early last night and the result was that I was awake at 4:00 AM this morning. I lay there debating in my mind whether to try to go back to sleep or just get up. At 4:48 I gave up and got out of bed.

I read the blogs of friends and checked our e-mail on the computer, while waiting for Marilyn to wake up.

The first words from her this morning were “Do you want some coffee?” Do you find trees in the forest? Sure, let’s have some coffee!

We sat together having our morning quaff, Marilyn in her nightgown and I in blue jeans and a T-shirt.

Once the coffee was gone we began to complete the travel-day chores. Marilyn worked inside while I dumped the holding tanks and worked outside.

We decided to skip our planned breakfast at the Colonial Steak House, and were on the road at 7:40 AM.

We stopped for fuel across the road and paid $2.629 per gallon. We stopped at Limon, Colorado to top off the tank and paid $2.649.

We arrived at Mountaindale RV Resort around 11:20 AM Mountain time, so we had been on the road for 4 hours and 40 minutes. Our mileage wasn’t so great, ending at 9.6 mpg for the day.

Believe it or not, by 2:30 in the afternoon we were all set up and relaxing outdoors beside the fire pit, with a cold drink.

We had not eaten all day so I grilled a couple of steaks while Marilyn fixed some sweet & sour green beans, along with potatoes and onions with lots of garlic and butter.

We enjoyed our late afternoon lunch/dinner outdoors, with a glass of wine and some Italian music on the sound system.

After things were cleaned up from dinner, David arrived and set up our TV system so that we can get all of the channels out here away from civilization. Marilyn is happy because she will now be able to watch “Bachelorette”.

Our neighbors dropped over to invite us to sit around the campfire with a cold drink, but the TV will rule tonight. The fun may begin tomorrow.

I must mention here that we have the most roomy and most scenic site in the resort. I will post some pictures to show you. It is awesome!

One more bit of news to share with you good readers. I had mentioned last week that Jennifer was going to St Louis, MO to take her State Board Exams for her RN. She had to wait 48 hours to find out the results and then had to pay $10 to have the results revealed. Either that or wait 4 to 6 weeks for a letter in the mail.

We told her that we would pay the fee, just go ahead and find out the results. She did so, as soon as she returned home from work, and was both delighted and relieved to discover that she is officially an RN.

Congratulations to Jennifer. We are so proud of her for the person she is, for her effort and dedication to her education and for the kind, caring and compassionate person she is. We love you, Jennifer!

So, that wraps it up for tonight. We look forward to a quiet evening and a great night of sleep with the windows open.

Now we just can’t wait to see what adventures tomorrow has in store…..

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |