Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Look what I can do!

What next?

Papa gives me a ride in the Laundry Basket

I like it!

See how I hang on!

Fun at Mimi's house!

Marilyn & I planned to take care of Colby today. We were up with the coffee brewing by 5:00 AM. We had just poured our first cup when Jennifer called to inform us that she was “On Call” and did not have to go in to work. That meant a free day for Marilyn & I, so we sat quietly with the fireplace and soft music, enjoyed even more with the hot coffee, good conversation, and the knowledge that the day was ours to get some things done.

We talked quietly of our travel plans, which seems to be a favorite topic of conversation.

I finally went outdoors to dump the holding tanks, while Marilyn took the rest of our laundry to the laundry room.

She returned about the time I was returning from checking my schedule at the Cave.

The Cave had about 100 students from Iowa arriving for a tour of Cameron Cave, at 1:30 PM. They needed four guides, minimum, to accomplish that task.

We called Jennifer to remind her of her appointment for some maintenance on her car.

Jennifer called us soon after that to tell us that she had just been called to go to work. She would bring Colby and meet us at the hospital parking lot.

Our plans were changed again!

We arrived only a few minutes ahead of Jennifer and returned to the Campground with Colby.

As Colby ate some lunch, Jamie agreed to follow me to the Chrysler dealer, and I took Jen’s car in for her.

Jamie brought me back to the Campground and we began getting lanterns out for the tours.

At 2:00 PM the tour groups arrived in two large busses, and were divided into groups of 20 to 25 people, for the tours. We were then informed that, because they were running half an hour late, we needed to get them done and back on their bus by 3:30.

The tours take 1 hour and 20 minutes each, and normally run about 20 minutes apart, so with four tour groups, we had a challenge.

Believe it or not, we did it! Each group had the group in front of them in sight throughout most of the tour, and they ran like clockwork.

Once that was done, I caught a ride with Jamie once again and picked up Jennifer’s car for her.

We played with Colby until later in the afternoon, then he ate his dinner and had a bath.

The weather was cool all day today so Marilyn fixed a kettle of potato soup for our dinner. It was delicious on this cool day, and could be heated up for Jennifer when she arrived between 7:30 and 8:00 PM.

We had a nice visit with Jennifer before she had to leave.

So, it turned out to be a day of changes and then more changes, but we adapt and improvise, making things work out.

So now we look forward to a new day and whatever adventures tomorrow has in store…..

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |