Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

What a busy day this has been. After being gone for a week, there are so many things which need to be done.

We started our morning after a good night of sleep in our own bed, by having coffee and gazing at the fireplace.

Around 9:00 AM we decided to go to Mingo’s for breakfast. A quick call to Ted & Sue and a walk across the street to see Heinz & Irene expanded our breakfast bunch.

We all met at Mingo’s just after 9:30 AM to enjoy each other’s company, along with the great food. Heinz & Irene took the same tour that Ted & Sue and Marilyn & I just returned from and we wanted to compare notes.

Heinz & Irene felt good that we had all enjoyed the tour so much because they were the ones who told us about it and got us excited enough to book the trip.

Once breakfast was over, we parted company with these good friends. Marilyn & I made a stop at the bank so that I could get some cash for my empty wallet, and return some cash that Ted had loaned to me last night.

Our next stop was Wal-Mart for some groceries. I bought the needed supplies to make beef/vegetable soup.

Back at the resort, I stopped at the office to extend our stay here and made a reservation to stay four months next winter. They have lowered the prices a bit from the high they had originally set for next year. Still high but they have everything you could ask for in a resort.

So, we are set for next year.

We called Kit & Jerry about canceling our trip to Kerrville. All of the rv-dreams family will be gone by the time we would get there. Kit & Jerry had been talking about the same thing. So now we can concentrate on getting everything done for a worry-free departure at the end of the month. When we do leave here we will go directly to Brackettville to see Kit & Jerry. These are two special friends and we are anxious to see them again.

After speaking to Kit & Jerry we called Buckhorn Lake resort in Kerrville and cancelled our reservation with them. That is one place we do want to go but it won’t be this spring.

I spent much of the afternoon working on pictures from our trip. I have tried several times to get them posted on the appropriate day but I keep getting kicked off the internet. It is a cool, rainy day here, so I suspect that there are a lot of people using the internet today.

I will keep trying to get these pictures posted for you loyal readers.

I did get five CD’s made with the pictures from each day on a separate CD.

I took those to Ted & Sue, along with the money I owed them, and a jacket they had loaned to Marilyn.

Once I was back in the comfort of our little home on wheels, I fixed a kettle of soup. Marilyn helped me cut up the veggies, because I had so many projects going at one time.

We also picked up our mail delivery from South Dakota, but haven’t had time to look at any of it yet.

I have worked all day to get pictures posted on here and have only managed to get a few on Day 2. I’ll keep trying so please check back when you can.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |