Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog









Yesterday morning we had an early departure from our Hotel in San Miguel Allende. The plan was to wake up at 5:00 and be on the bus ready to leave at 6:00. Our room had no clock but we took with us, a clock that I had purchased at Radio Shack. It was one of those combination, sleep machine, clock, temperature, thingy, and alarm clock. It has a variety of white noise generators inside so we can fall asleep to the sound of rain or a waterfall, etc.

I had set the time on it but had never used the alarm clock part. We don’t have much need of an alarm clock in this lifestyle.

Well, I set the alarm and made sure the time was properly set, etc, but I didn’t push the “Lock” button, which then makes everything ready to go.

I awoke to the sound of a voice out in the hallway, and took the clock into the bathroom to read the numbers. I didn’t want to awaken Marilyn if it wasn’t time to get up yet. Yikes!! The clock said 5:43 AM.

We had 15 minutes to get dressed, packed and out to the bus!

I yelled at Marilyn to spread the panic and began getting it together. Marilyn was moving at a frantic pace just as much as I was, and we were soon ready to go, but I did not shave and Marilyn did not have make up on. Hey, we were late!

I took a moment to look at the clock, trying to figure out why the alarm didn’t go off and saw that all the numbers were flashing. What does that mean?

I then glanced at my wrist watch. I did a double take but my watch still said 4:58 AM. What!!

I sheepishly told Marilyn to relax, that we had plenty of time. We then completed our normal morning routines at a much more relaxed pace.

We even had time to use the internet in the lobby to post a journal entry that I had written the night before, after taking my shower and getting ready for bed.

Everyone was on board the bus by 5:45 and we left our Hotel in the early morning darkness.

We stopped for breakfast about two hours later and stopped for lunch at 1:30 PM, in the city of Ciudad Victoria.

It was a long bus ride but we arrived back at the border at Reynosa at 10 minutes after 7:00 PM.

It took only 30 minutes for us to clear customs and climb back on the bus. We did have to set our clocks and watches ahead an hour though so it was pretty late by the time we made all the stops for people to get off the bus.

We called Jennifer to let her know we were home and then sat down to relax for a few minutes before going to bed.

We slept great last night and it sure was good to be back in our own bed.

We have a lot to do to get things back to normal around here.

I promise to begin posting pictures later today.

As for now, it is time to have some coffee with my lovely bride.

We’ll let you know how things are going and you know that we are anticipating whatever adventures are in store…..

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |