Paddle of Knowledge Rules of Engagement
Feb 7, 2009
Long Beach to Miami
via Panama Canal
22nd March – 5th April 2009
1. POK must be carried on your person at all times whilst onboard the ship. There is no exception! Failure to do so & if caught will incur a US$5.00 fine for each offence. All monies raised will be donated to the Spina Bifida Association of USA www.spinabifidaassociation.org
2. For security reasons POK is not to be taken ashore except by the custodian on disembarkation day.
3. POK will be awarded by the power of vote of all Panamaniacs in attendance each evening at the pre-dinner cocktail hour which will be had in the aft pool bar at 5.00pm. Proxy nominations will be accepted if given in writing to Aussie Deb, Moth, Sherm, Loz or JP prior to 5pm each day.
4. Nominee’s efforts shall be read to all attending voters prior to vote taking place.
5. Voting to take place by those present and shall be a show of clapping, screaming, laughing, flatulence or any other obnoxious sound capable of being produced by humans. (See note). Obscenities shall be accepted as a vote of yes.
Note: Care should be taken as outstanding and unusual sounds of appreciation of a potential POK winner could see the SOUNDER of such an unusual sound named as a POK recipient at the bottom of the recipient card.
6. Appeals should be made to God, PO Box 0000, Pearly Gates. Heaven.
7. The POK shall not be misplaced nor lost. No exceptions.
8. THE END OF CRUISE CUSTODIAN MUST ENSURE POK SAFELY ARRIVES AT NEXT CRUISE EMBARKATION POINT.