Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

This was really a mixed bag kind of day for us. I awoke at 5:30 AM knowing that the alarm would go off in 30 minutes.

I could tell that I didn’t feel good but I forced myself to get out of bed, turn the alarm off and dress for a walk with Heinz and Jesse.

I drank a glass of orange juice but it didn’t help me to feel better.

It was difficult to force myself out the door a few minutes before 7:00 AM. Jesse was waiting in the street and Heinz was out the door of his RV before I made it to the street. I didn’t say anything about feeling bad. I hoped that the cool morning temperatures would perk me up, but by the time we finished the 2 ½ miles, I was pretty wiped out.

Back at the RV, Marilyn had the coffee ready and I tried to drink a cup, but ended up pouring it out and then I headed for the bed.

Marilyn covered me with a soft blanket and I slept most of the day.

Awake around 2:30 in the afternoon, I felt a little bit better, so I climbed out of bed and took a shower. Feeling still better, we drove to the RV site occupied by Jesse & Ginger, to join them for dinner.

Ginger is a good cook and I knew that the meal would be very tasty, so I was determined to go if at all possible.

We sat outdoors with a cold drink and some delicious bruschetta.

Once we moved indoors, we sat down at a table of more wonderful food. We enjoyed the salad, bread, and pasta very much. Thank you, Ginger & Jesse!

After we finished dinner, the dishes were cleared and we played “Sequence”. Jesse and I really picked on the ladies, winning four consecutive games. I expect that the gals will even things up the next time we play. J

We always enjoy our time with these two good people. The conversation was easy and relaxed, the laughter was genuine, and our time together seemed to go very fast.

Marilyn forgot to bring her camera so we have no pictures to share with you tonight.

After the games ended we were served a fine dessert and went home full of delicious food.

I hadn’t eaten all day until dinner time and felt much better by the time we drove back home.

One of the first things I did was to turn the computer on and check the e-mail. We had an e-mail from Kit, explaining that Kit had received a phone call at 6:30 AM this morning, to tell her that her father had passed away.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Kit & Jerry this day!

I expect to sleep quite well tonight and hope to feel 100% tomorrow.

Today was a real mixed bag but I am always an optimist, so we just can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store…..

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |