Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Kit & Jerry's site from our rear window

Heinz & Irene unhitching the 5er

Irene waits for Heinz to return

Ed & Heinz

Linda, Irene & Carl

Gordon & Juanita

Ted & Linda

Somebody wake up Gordon!

Heinz serves a beer to Sue

Last night we were sleeping soundly, when we were awakened by a strong wind and rain beating on the roof. We came awake long enough to realize that all of our windows were still open. We jumped out of bed and began closing windows. Marilyn took the bedroom while I closed the living and dining room windows.

A quick glance at the clock showed us that it was a little bit after midnight. I was surprised that it was so easy to fall back to sleep again. The next time I looked at the clock it was after 6:00 AM and I was getting dressed to begin the day.

Marilyn & I had our morning coffee and then straightened up the RV inside.

I did a few chores outdoors, like dumping the holding tanks and airing up the bike tires.

We took the truck to fill up with diesel at $2.79 per gallon. Then we drove to Home Depot, hoping to find a couple of lounge chairs for outdoor use. No luck!

Off to Wal-Mart to purchase the groceries we forgot yesterday.

Back at the RV, with groceries put away, I walked over to give Carl a hand setting up his tri-pod stabilizer. I sat and drank a cold brew with Carl once we finished the tri-pod, and then I felt ready to take a nap. I had promised Marilyn that I would do the cooking though, and had made a decision to fix a kettle of spicy vegetable beef soup. I use Rotel tomatoes in it and add sugar at the end. It is quite tasty but too spicy for some folks.

As we sat in our recliners, relaxing for a few minutes, we saw activity across the street. It was Heinz & Irene! Hooray! We walked across the street to give hugs and welcome them back to the valley, then left them alone so that they could finish their setup.

Later in the afternoon, at the normal time for cocktails, a group of us gathered on the patio of Heinz & Irene to visit and catch up on our lives since we last spoke with each other.

Marilyn & I settled down for a quiet evening to watch TV. It is the finals of “Dancing with the Stars”.

So, another wonderful day comes to a close and now we just can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store…..

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |