Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Yesterday we awoke to another cool, rainy day. We sat in the living room with the fireplace warming our RV. The hot coffee helped also. It was going to be a busy day for us.

The event which marred our day, other than the miserable weather, was that my laptop computer crashed. I had to restore it to operating condition by using the Operating System re-boot disc. I then loaded the drivers and it is back to the way it was when it was new. I lost all of the recent stuff like pictures, etc. The older information, photos, etc is all on a backup hard drive I bought recently. When I get some time, I'll be able to restore most of the information I had before. Thank goodness, we have two computers and I am able to continue using the desk top computer. We did lose the last months pictures of Colby, but I had posted some of the best on our web site so at least we have those.

There were large groups coming in today for tours of the cave and I had been asked to help. I dressed in my very best "Cave suit", consisting of light tan slacks, a black "Mark Twain Cave" shirt, hiking boots, and my black & tan "Mark Twain Cave" jacket.

I hooked the flashlight holder onto my belt, dropped the flashlight into it, and I was ready to go.

Three busses pulled up right on time and 110 kids from the Chicago area rolled out to tour the cave.

I ended up giving two tours of Mark Twain Cave and both groups were very good kids.

After a quick bite of lunch, I went back to give a tour of Cameron Cave but kept an eye out for Jennifer and Colby. They arrived before I had to give the Cameron tour so I was able to give them a hug and a kiss.

Back to work! A tour of Cameron Cave for eight people. That tour went well also, except that it had begun to pour rain when we finished inside the cave. We had a walk of one quarter mile down the hill in pouring rain.

I put the lanterns away, plugged them in to charge, and turned in the key and the radio, then walked home in light rain.

Jennifer & Colby were getting ready to leave but I managed to give them both another hug and kiss before I helped by carrying Colby out to the car and getting him all settled into the car seat.

More hugs and kisses, and then they were on the way to their home, while Marilyn & I settled in for the evening.

I changed out of the wet clothing and decided to just put on my P.J.'s. Comfort is the name of the game here.

Marilyn & I watched "Survivor" which we had recorded the previous night, when we had friends here for dinner.

After a little TV, I went to bed to read. I was really tired after a short night followed by a busy day. Marilyn joined me before I fell aslep and we were both asleep by 9:30 PM.

Yesterday was a good day and I just can't wait to see what this day has in store.....

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |