Day by Day with Daisy 2008-09 travel blog

What a day this has been! The gremlins were hard at work spoiling my plans and unnerving me. I spent the entire day at Camping World. Most of that time was due to the wash and wax job, which was less than perfect, I must say. At least I don’t have to be ashamed of how Daisy looks now, though. They wouldn’t install the TV converter box because I haven’t yet received my voucher from Uncle Sam. The voucher must be presented at the time of service. The refrigerator recall and regular service went well. That’s a definite plus.

About mid-afternoon Cousin Dee called to check on the progress and to tell me that her kids probably wouldn’t be able to have dinner with us because Randy (her son-in-law) had injured his knee at work and was scheduled for an MRI at 5:30. Then, as I was finally checking out at 5:00, I called Dee to let her know that I was getting ready to leave Camping World. Because it was so late in the day, we decided to cancel our plans and try to do it at the end of the month, when I’ll be passing through the area again.

It’s just as well that we had cancelled our plans because, as I was getting ready to hook my car to the motorhome, I discovered that I didn’t have the car keys. Aarrgghh!! I looked everywhere I could think of and couldn’t find them. A Camping World employee even went upstairs to see whether they were in their lost and found bin. Fortunately, I have one of those plastic keys on a card. At least it will get me through the crunch until I can get another key in Austin.

Next on the gremlins’ TO DO list was to scare me with a puzzling thing. I was just south of the I-20 junction with I-35 W in Fort Worth when Daisy suddenly started shuddering. At first I thought it was due to a rough place on the interstate but it continued after I had passed that place. If I let go of the steering wheel, it immediately pulled hard to the left. When I braked, it pulled hard to the right! My first thought was that the front tires had gone flat, so I pulled off into a large parking lot to check all the tires. They appeared to be fine so then I was really in a quandary. I decided that I would try to limp to the RV Ranch where I would be safe and then call a garage tomorrow. When I got back onto the freeway, the shuddering did not recur. Thank God! I still don’t know what was going on.

Last, but not least, when I settled into my site at the RV Ranch in Burleson around 8:00, I didn’t have power in my coach. The warning light on my surge guard was on, so I went back to the park office. The janitor called the maintenance man, who came to my site without any tools. He just turned the switch off and back on. Now what kind of maintenance is that? Naturally, he denied that the problem was at their utility post. He told me I should have my rig’s electrical system checked and told me about a Camping World store in Burleson.

I just spent the night there without any utilities and hoped that I had enough propane to keep the refrigerator running. Fortunately, the weather was mild enough that I didn’t suffer without the air conditioner.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |