Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

We awoke early but felt groggy all day due to our neighbor’s noisy kids who played outdoors until nearly 1:30 AM. No Rangers were around to patrol the area and I was too tired to do or say anything.

We sat outdoors with our morning coffee and made the decision that tonight we will sleep with our windows closed and the A/C on, no matter how nice the temperature!

We walked the campground loop while drinking our final cup of coffee for the morning. Then it was time to go into town. I wanted to see how long it will take us to get to the Mobile Suites dealer, where he is located, and talk to the service dept about some work to be done.

We took advantage of the good cell phone signal to talk to Jennifer several times. We also called Howard & Linda Payne to say “Thanks” for the great rally, and we called our friend, Ralph, in Enid, OK. He has a campground for us to stay overnight close to them. We may do that but it all depends on what time we are finished in Springdale tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that while walking the campground loop yesterday morning, one guy we met and spoke with suggested that we eat lunch at AQ Chicken House. He assured us that the best fried chicken in the world is served there.

We did find the place ok. It is on the north end of town on Business Hwy 71, on the right hand side, just when you think you must have passed it, you will see the sign.

We loved it! We suggest that it is worth the stop. The chicken is marinated with a secret recipe, and then battered & fried or “over the coals” which is outstanding grilled chicken.

It is so good that my mouth waters just remembering it!

Marilyn & I spoke with Jennifer again on the way back to the campground. We had all sorts of news from back in Missouri. Hannibal is flooding and the water is only six inches from topping the gates in the levee. LaGrange, a town not too far north of Hannibal, had its bank float away. So far the cave is ok and the campground where we were parked is fine but it is time to be cautious.

We also had some bad news from the family side of things. My sister-in-law, Judy, just lost her second husband to Cancer. Our hearts ache for her.

Well, back to the chore of getting things ready to move again.

We leave the campground early Thursday morning, getting a few minor repairs done at “Wheels RV”, and then head west toward Colorado Springs.

It will be good to get my journal entries posted again.

Yesterday was a good day and we hope all is well with the RV today. We always look forward to whatever adventures the day has in store…..

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |