We drove all day today, watching the weather channel at lunchtime (via our satellite dish). All along I-70, from Kansas City to Salina, skies were very cloudy, and it was breezy. We figured that area would be stormiest this afternoon, because of all the available moisture. After lunch, the winds really kicked up, and they haven't let up all afternoon - they're sustained at about 35mph, with gusts to about 45mph. West of Salina, the skies became cloudless, so we thought we were safe. NOT!! As soon as we pulled into this Russell campground, a tornado watch was issued for our county (and nearly all counties to the west of us) until 10pm. There have already been nearly a dozen tornado warnings issued for other Kansas counties just since we pulled in here. Nothing for us so far, but we have several more hours to watch and wait. This campground does have a storm shelter that's below ground, but there are a dozen or more other campers here, and I don't know if they would allow the dogs to go down there with us. I won't leave them alone in the rig (I know some of you think I'm crazy, but I know that Barb, Janice and Lori understand how I feel about Tinker and Tyler). So, I'm praying the storms will miss us again tonight, and until we get home (probably sometime on Saturday). We just finished walking the dogs around the neighborhood here, and the strong winds are making the overhead power lines sing (a very eery sound). We have local TV, satellite, a weather radio, and Accuweather.com here, so we are about as equipped as we can be. I already know that I won't be able to sleep much tonight - I always seem to automatically go into "sentry" mode on stormy nights. After all, worry and guilt are my two gifts.