Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Yesterday was another sunshine filled day with temperatures warm enough to get by with a sweatshirt outdoors.

After our morning coffee, I headed to the YMCA to shoot some hoops. The free throws were ok but I never could get a long streak going. I was hitting about 17 or 18 out of 20. Three point shooting went really well with my best streak 25 out of 30.

Once I returned to the campground, I found that Marilyn was off to spend the day with Jennifer, shopping, etc. I knew that they were having a good time.

Since I had nothing better to do I put on jeans and a sweatshirt and walked over to the maintenance shed to get the gator. I had decided to go pick up some of the sticks and branches which litter the campground. We have lots of trees here and the last storm that went through left lots of debris from the trees laying around on the ground. I worked about two hours and by then my back was telling me that this was a new and different activity, and I should just stop it! :)

After a shower and some clean clothing I was good as gold though.

Marilyn and Jennifer showed up and we spent some time sitting outdoors. I offered to build a campfire if Jen could stay awhile but she still needed to make a trip to Wal-Mart to buy groceries before going home.

We did sit outdoors in the sunshine and visit for some time. Jennifer enjoys it so much, being here in the campground. She always had a good time going camping with us when she was little and camping with her girlfriends after I set up the camp site for them.

I would like to have Jen & Steve come in for a cookout and a campfire when we get a chance. We also would like to have Al & Gloria for dinner before we leave for the summer.

I set up the grill while Jen was still here, and put some pork steak on to cook for dinner. Using the "Blues Hog" bar-b-cue sauce, the pork steak turned out great and dinner was delicious.

While I was cooking, Patty stopped by to visit and Gregg walked over to say hello. Jen enjoyed Patty's visit, but left shortly after Patty left.

Marilyn and I settled down to watch some TV after dinner. I did go outdoors to put the lawn chairs away and get the grill back into its storage place in the basement.

By then it was time for the NCAA championship game. What a great game that was.

It came down to the inability of Memphis to hit free throws in the clutch. Kansas won in overtime, coming from 9 points down with two minutes to go in regulation. Memphis was put on the free throw line repeatedly but could not make one when they most needed it.

It was a really good game and both teams certainly deserved to be there.

It began to rain during the game, and we were lulled to sleep by the sound of rain on the roof after the game was over. We slept great!

Well, dear readers, today is a new day, and I just can't wait to see what this day has in store.....

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |