Leib Family Adventure 2007-08 travel blog


With Cabo prohibitively expensive, and the engine in need of a permanent fix. We headed to La Paz, which is supposed to be the best place in Mexico for boat work. After checking the weather reports, we expected a 24+ hour run to go the 150 nm. However, the weather forecasts that we've heard in Mexico don't quite line up with local conditions. While attempting to round the east end of the Cape, we encountered 30 knt sustained winds, which are really not fun when trying to beat into them against 4-5ft steep swells. We found shelter to wait out the "daily build-up" by anchoring off the massive breakwall of a new marina for several hours, until the conditions improved and we departed ~ 4am.



Advertisement
OperationEyesight.com
Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |