Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Yesterday we awoke to a gray overcast sky with intermittent light rain all day. The temperatures had cooled also and it didn't quite reach 60 degrees during the day. Not to be concerned with that, Marilyn & I had our morning coffee with the fireplace lighting the room and Mexican music playing on the sound system. It was an enjoyable morning.

Once the coffee was gone we began to get a few things done. Marilyn did dishes and cleaned up the front of the rig while I made the bed and took care of the bedroom items.

I had an appointment with John Howser of the Howserhouse web site, to show him how to re-string his day/night shades. We did a simple one and it took us twice as long as it should have. We evidently had one of the strings pinched somehow and that made it appear that one string was too short. So we took it apart once again, put a longer string in this time, and put it back together. This time it was fine and we didn't need the extra string after all. After my expert help on the first shade, John decided that he could do the remainder of them alone. I think once he saw how to do it, that my "expert" help was the problem, not the solution. :) At least we did one and had it back in place within an hour and a half. That was only twice the normal amount of time. :) The question is: How many bloggers does it take...... :)

When I returned to our little home on wheels, it was time for lunch so Marilyn heated some left over "Ed's Sweet Pepper Skillet Stew" and we finished that off in short order.

In the afternoon, I retired to the comfort zone to read for awhile, dozed off for a bit and just took life easy. Marilyn watched her two soaps and studied her Spanish.

Jennifer called several times to talk. She is anxious for us to get back to Missouri. I forgot to mention that we had a call in the morning from our good friend, Denny, in Monroe City, MO. We have been friends for nearly 30 years and it will be good to see Denny & Sonja again when we get back up north.

Yesterday evening Marilyn & I decided to attend the Wednesday night buffet at the Rec Center. It was Italian night and they had plenty of food in spite of the very large crowd. We sat down and were joined by Richard & Mary, Bill & Bobbie, and Ken & Jeanne, all people we have met before in this RV lifestyle.

We received something in an e-mail from Louise yesterday that I simply must pass on to you good folks.

" My Next Life." I want to live my next life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way right off the bat. Then, you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day. When you are kicked out of the nursing home for being too healthy, you spend several years enjoying your retirement and collecting benefit checks. When you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work 40 years or so, getting younger every day until pretty soon you're too young to work. So then, you go to high school, play sports, date, drink, and party. As you get even younger, you become a kid again. You go to elementary school, play, and have no responsibilities. In a few years, you become a baby and everyone runs themselves ragged keeping you happy. You spend your last nine months floating peacefully in luxery, spa-like conditions, central heating, room service on tap. (Are you ready for this?) Until finally, you finish off as an orgasm.

I rest my case.

I want you to know that I will not make a habit of putting something from the internet on this blog, but this one made me laugh so much that I simply had to share it with you.

It was a good day yesterday and will be an even colder, windier, wetter, and nastier day today. Surprised you didn't I? I must be in a strange mood this morning. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be back to normal.

OK folks, it is time for me to get going on this day. I just can't wait to see what this day has in store.....

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |