Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Yesterday morning we were awake before 4:00 AM. I jumped into the shower and dressed in the clothing I had laid out the night before. We also had packed up the night before and it didn't take long for us to be ready to go.

The kids, Steve & Jen, picked us up at 4:30 AM and we headed for the airport in St Louis. We stopped once for fuel, food and coffee, and were soon at the airport where we said goodbye to the kids with hugs and a few tears. This day, Dec 2nd, is the first anniversary of the kids' wedding. They planned to do something nice to celebrate, later.

Our flight was on time and when we arrived in San Antonio, the weather was in the mid seventies. Rick & Sherry were waiting for us and we were on our way to their house to pick up our truck.

We had a wonderful drive back to the valley. It took 4 and 1/2 hours and we watched the temperature outdoors climb until it peaked at 93 degrees. Yep, we're back home!

We called Gilbert to see if his package had arrived while we were gone but it had not. He told us to hurry home because they were having a pizza party at Ted & Sue's place beginning at 4:00 PM. We told him that we wouldn't be there by 4:00 but maybe by 4:30PM.

We did arrive about that time and stopped to let everyone know that we were back. We had to run home so we could turn on the water and the water heater, and allow Marilyn to change back out of her winter clothing. :)

It was so nice to see our friends again. There were hugs all around, cold drinks, and pizza waiting for us. We also were able to meet Ted's daughter, Kari, who was visiting from Minnesota. I asked her how she liked the valley and she implied that maybe she would just stay. :) Unfortunately she is flying back north this afternoon. Brrrr

Marilyn and I had taken the time to put clean sheets on the bed before we left to go back home and it was so nice to crawl into bed with the windows open and feel those crisp, clean sheets, and the warm breeze. We slept really well until about 2:00 this morning when a cold front moved in. The temps didn't change enough for us to close any windows but the wind blew pretty hard.

Now, we are up and at 'em this morning. It is still dark but is so nice to be home. Marilyn is putting coffee on and it will soon be time to unpack and get things back to normal. But first, we are going to enjoy kicking back with a hot cup of coffee, and just being home. Aaaaahhh, it is so good to be back in our little home on wheels!

It may be a cooler day today but it will be wonderful, no matter what. I just can't wait to see what this day has in store.....

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |