Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Good morning to all of you wonderful people who read our journal each day! I certainly want to thank each and every one of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers, for my recovery. I will not keep you in suspense, I feel pretty good this morning.

Marilyn and I were sleeping soundly when we were awakened by an owl hooting right outside our bedroom window, which was open. That was around 6:00 AM this morning. We had fallen back to sleep when we were awakened by Marilyn's phone ringing about a quarter to seven. We knew that was our Jennifer, calling on her way to work, just to say hello to her Mom & Dad. We love her calls no matter when they come in, so we chatted with her for a few minutes, then fell back to sleep once again.

It was nearly 8:00 AM when we finally got out of bed. Marilyn put coffee on and I checked the journal for messages. It is another wonderful morning here so we decided to have our morning coffee outdoors, and do the journal entry later.

We sat in our lounge chairs outdoors, in the morning sunshine, watching the palm trees, grapefruit trees, and birds, while talking about life and the feeling we have as full-time RVers. Both of us find it hard to explain. Is it the freedom we have, the lack of responsibility, the feel of being on a permanent vacation, or what? The simple truth is that we don't know for sure. Perhaps it is a combination of all of those things, mixed in with fewer things to worry about than we had in our previous life.

We did agree with one thing and that is the people we have met are super nice people. Now, Marilyn and I have been absolutely blessed with good friends, all of our life. One of the things we weren't sure about was whether or not we could meet the same type of people once we became transient, moving from place to place. If any of you wonder about that, I just want to reassure you that the RV lifestyle brings you into contact with some of the most wonderful, kind, generous, just plain good people you could ever meet.

I can remember my mother telling me that some of the best friends they ever had were people they met along the way as full-time RVers. My parents were full-timers for about 5 years until Dad's health became a factor, and he no longer wanted to travel so much, and they decided to live closer to "home".

Marilyn and I went to the pool after breakfast yesterday, layed in the sun for a while, then returned to the RV, changed clothes, and drove to the Valero filling station to fuel up the truck at $2.92 per gallon. Ouch!

We made a Wal-Mart run to pick up some material for Marilyn. She is making some things for the baby shower coming up on Dec 1st.

I read for awhile after we got back, and then it was time to walk over to Dan & Pat's for dinner. We sat outdoors on their patio, sharing a cold drink and stories from our lives. Then it was time for dinner. Wow! Pat had prepared an Italian dish with sweet Italian suasage, pimentos, cheese, etc, baked in a crust. It was really good and she served it with a garlic salad and a vegetable, with a cherry cobbler for dessert. Yummy!

We returned to our place, watched a little TV and then it was off to bed.

Today we are just wingin' it, taking life easy. I am feeling better but not yet 100%.

Let's just take one day at a time, and enjoy what gifts we are given.

I have lot's of messages to answer today, so I had better get busy.

I ask God today to bless each one of you, especially the ones of you who have special needs and worries in your lives.

Well folks, it is time to get going. Sorry this posting is so late today. I'll do better tomorrow. :)

As for today, well you know me, I just can't wait to see what this day has in store.....

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |