Jan 13, 2005
|Well, we thought we would put down a few recommendations for people we meet along the way. Things like Restaurants, Hostels, Sites etc. that really stood out.
* Argentina - Bs As - Siga La Vaca
Tenedor Libre with excellent meat and a huge salad bar. Bottle of wine or lots of beer included in the 24 peso price (dessert included as well !).
* Argentina - Mendoza - Azafran
Great varied menu. Not just steak steak steak ! Great experience of choosing a wine.
* Argentina - Mendoza - 1884 (sorry Jim, but the Bisteak was great !!!)
Fairly expensive for backpackers (starters about 14, mains about 25). Great location and atmosphere. Must try the Bisteak for two if you go.
* Argentina - Bariloche - La Trattoria
Best onion soup ever tasted. Cheap and extremely good pasta.
* Argentina - Salta - La Solar del Convento
Free champagne on arrival, nice setting, great variety of food. One page of menu has a list of full meal where you get the steak, sauce, vegetables and different potato types (not just chips !). All those were great (we tried most !)
* Argentina - El Calafate - Ricks
Great for meat lovers. Lamb was divine !
* Argentina - Ushuaia - Tante Sara Pizza and Pasta
Excellent pizza !
* Chile - Puerto Natales - El Living
Good vegetarian restaurant. Relaxing atmosphere
* Chile - Puerto Varas - Compas del Sur
Great hostel. Friendly staff. Great to meet people
* Chile - Puerto Natales - Casa Cecilia
Small rooms but really friendly and helpful. Can hire tents and equipment from here.