Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Yesterday was a good day. It was a typical Missouri summer day, weather wise, with hot, humid conditions but bright sunshine all day. I did Cameron Cave, which I enjoy. We had very large groups on all four tours, but they were lots of fun. My voice is holding up pretty well, even though I constantly change my environment from 94 degrees to 56 degrees and back to 94 degrees, all day.

Marilyn worked in the fudge shop and the gift shop all day. She was also very busy and her feet and legs were hurting by the time she came home at the end of the day.

Yesterday I wrote about the many decisions we had to make in the near future. We made two of them yesterday, and took steps to make those decisions a reality.

First, I called Llano Grande RV Resort to change the dates for our visit. We will now be back at this resort from October 15th to February 15th. We will leave on Feb 16th to head back north and arrive here on Feb 20th, in time for the birth of our first grandchild.

The second decision we acted on was to inform the owners of the cave here, that we will no longer work after the Labor Day weekend. We do plan to stay here a bit longer after we stop working, but we chose to pay rent for our space, rather than continue to work.

Now, we still need to change other reservations and make some decisions on the routing we will take, etc.

One of the neat things which happened yesterday was that our young friends from Kansas City, came to visit.

Neil, Leslie & their nearly 4 year old son, Jackson, arrived around 6:30 PM. It was so wonderful to see these young friends again. We love these kids as if they were our own, and we enjoyed their visit so much. Jackson, called Jack, is a hoot!

We had a nice visit in our RV before going to Sawyers Creek for dinner.

Jack had a great time after dinner, with the train, and then the bumper boats, and then the 36" long candy snake, which neither parent liked for him to have. We laughed all evening and my only regret was that we didn't have our camera.

We finally said goodnight with big hugs all around. Marilyn and I fell asleep soon after getting into bed, and had a wonderful night of rest.

All in all, yesterday was a wonderful day.

Marilyn has our coffee ready and I have already had one cup while writing this journal, so it is time to get busy. I can't wait to see what this day has in store......

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |