Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Mobile Suites all set up in Hannibal

Nice site, eh!

View of the campground

Hummer on the feeder

I am sorry for the delay in posting this journal entry. It is inconvenient to say the least, not having an internet connection. I am at the local McDonalds here in Hannibal, at 6:00 AM, to get this posted. Then I will return to the RV, have coffee with Marilyn and get ready to go to the cave for the day.

Yesterday was another overcast day. We have had nothing but clouds and rain since leaving Texas. OK, we had one day of sunshine in Wichita. :)

Marilyn and I went to Mass at the church where our daughter, Jennifer, was married last December. We saw many old friends there and got lots of hugs before and after the service. We then went to a local restaurant called DaNancy's. It doesn't look like much but the food is really good. We had breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches and home made onion rings. Excellent!

After lunch we drove to Monroe City, to see Cathy Jo. She is the young lady we asked you to pray for. She is 27 years old and just had her thyroid removed, when the doctors found cancer there. She will begin an iodine radiation treatment soon. I humbly ask you to continue to pray for this sweet young lady. She is married to a fine young man named David, and they have two children. Our Jennifer is Godmother to both of those children since she and Cathy Jo have been best friends nearly all of their lives.

After a short visit with Cathy Jo, Marilyn and I went to the cemetery to visit the graves of our daughter, Kelly, and both of my parents. It is hard to believe that Kelly has been gone for 17 years as of May 5th. We still love her so much. Love is the one thing that never dies. OK, enough of that subject.

We returned to the RV in time to greet Jennifer, who drove in to spend the afternoon with us. She and Marilyn ended up going shopping while I watched Tiger win his 57th PGA event.

I put up the hummingbird feeder we had purchased from Linda Payne (rv-dreams.com) and we had as many as four little hummers within a few minutes. I will post a few pictures today, although the weather wasn't good for taking pictures. We sure enjoy the birds. We now have two hummingbird feeders, one seed feeder and a bird house, out in the yard.

I started early this morning to get this journal entry done, because I begin my 9 to 5 shift at the cave today, starting the learning curve so that I can begin giving tours soon.

OK, it is time to get some pictures on here. I have a few taken at the campgrounds and a few of the hummingbirds. Sorry for the flash reflection in the hummingbird pictures. I'll do better when we have some time. This retirement is just so busy! :)

Hope you enjoy the pictures. Can't wait to see what is in store for today.......

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |