|Guess we should have stuck with our original plan? Which was to drive up through Jasper but we thought we would take the more scenic route and do the Roger's pass up to Revelstoke then over to the Saskatchewan River crossing and up to rocky Mountain House then straight up the 22 and home.
It started out pouring rain this morning when we left Hope but as we got closer to the part of the highway that either goes to Jasper or goes to banff, the skies where somewhat clear in the direction of banff and of course we decided to head for the sunshine. The sun caused melting up in the mountains which triggered avalanches then it started to rain so the combination of the 2 later caused a mudslides. The bottom line is that we are kinda stuck here but on the up side we are ahead of schedule anyways.
We could drive 5 hours back to where we came from and go the route we were going to go as it is open and so far looks good. Although it may possible have snow tomorrow and thats always a bad thing to deal with on the highway in the mountains. The route we are on now could open tomorrow afteroon if it ever stops raining.
We notice that the Washington route we drove yesterday is also a disaster as is the route we took in Canada through British Columbia.
Roger wants me to put Mexico back into the GPS? NOT! Gesh, hope the weather shapes up or at least enough that we can get home. I was really looking forward to getting home a few days early. If we get stuck here for a couple days we can always start drinking some of the wine we brought back?