Ed & Marilyn 'The Happy Wanderers' travel blog

Yesterday was a quiet day for awhile. Then it got more exciting. We rode our bicycles around the park and carried a plastic bag with us. We stopped and picked fresh oranges, filling the sack to the bursting point. By the time we returned to the RV, the mail had been delivered and we had more than one month of mail to go through. We had some interesting mail. We had about half a dozen letters which had been sent to our old address. Each one was from a business, informing us that they had received our change of address and future mail would go to the new address. What is with that? Why not send the letters to the new address? Anyway, I spent the next hour or so opening mail, updating information and paying a couple of bills which came in that mail. Marilyn opened the Christmas cards which we are just now getting. We really enjoy the Christmas letters and the family pictures. That keeps us up to date on the lives of our friends and relatives. We can hardly believe how those young ones have grown! Wow! We do miss all of you. Please consider yourselves hugged big-time.

We had a call from Jennifer while I was opening the mail. She informed us of a problem with her gall bladder which may require surgery. It appears that we may end up making another long trip back home if and when the surgery happens. We don't look forward to doing that again so soon, but there is no way we would not be there with Jennifer & Steve during that time.

Today we were awake early and had our coffee in front of the fireplace, with good music playing on the sound system. Outside temp was 58 this morning and reached 67 before it started back down. It has remained overcast today and the temp is now 60. That didn't stop me. I took the truck in for an oil change and had the tires rotated. Then I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some items for the neighborhood "get-together", which will be on our patio as soon as we can get the gang together and have a bit of sunshine. I also got outside and waxed the truck until the light drizzle forced me inside. We had a "phantom" valentine angel visit us. They left a nice bag with gifts inside. We will now continue the fun by doing something for several others in the park. It is a nice custom and it is such a wonderful group of people we share this life with. In fact, we are talking about how difficult it will be to go somewhere else next winter because we will miss these good friends who will return here. By the way, I promise more pictures once we get the gang together for a cook out, etc. It is amazing how the social life continued to be a major part of our life style, even though we didn't know a soul here when we arrived. If any of you wonder about meeting nice people or think that you might become hermits when you go full-time, forget about it! These are some of the nicest people you could ever meet. Well, I have babbled on long enough. Time to get an iced tea, hug my honey (Marilyn) and relax for a while. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings......

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |