|Today we travelled from Munich, to Nurmberg, which many of you probably have heard of because of the Nurmburg trials after WWII, but it is actually a really cool city, that is quite stereotypically medievel, and quite modern all at the same time. From there we travelled to the Czech border, and after we crossed the border we were able to have a first experience with czech food, we stopped at McDonald's!!! It was actually okay because we knew what we were ordering! Which we managed to do without using a word of Czech, with people who didn't speak much english. What an accomplishment!! From there we went to Pilsen, famous for its Pilsner beer, and of course as they say when in Rome... so we had to give it a try! It was quite good, and we had a very large glass which only cost about $2! What a deal!!!! speaking of deals, we also found a grocery store as soon as we arrived in Prague, and managed to get a very large dinner for the both of us for about $6.50. We thought this was so impressive that we were both starting to consider moving here, until we went for a walk and realized that not everything is quite that cheap, in fact some normal things are quite expensive! But we will see if we can find anymore deals tomorrow. Anyways, Prague is quite nice, and I think we will really enjoy our city tour tomorrow morning, as long as the old people don't walk tooo slow!
Hope to write again soon!
We really enojyed Prague.
Highlights of the city included:
- Walking across the Charles Bridge
- Having a really awesome walking tour to Prague Castle, I never thought I would be inpressed by a Church after all the ones I have seen, but St. Vitus Cathedral was amazing!!!
- Ice Cream, Ice Cream, and more Ice Cream!
- Attending a concert of Mozart and Vivaldi
- Just walking around the city, it has great ambience!!, but bad cobblestones.