Well, I had considered heading to Palenque to escape the hurricane, but as it turns out Ivan could still hit me AND there is another hurricane forming off the Pacific coast. There are less services in Palenque (rescue crews, hospitals, etc...) So my friends and I have decided to brave it out in Tulum. Our hotel is strong and we have moved to another room with a solid roof. They are now saying that Ivan is heading generally this direction, but that Cancun will see the brunt of if. Tulum is the southern most point that is still under a hurrican watch. We feel that we will be safe here, and hopefully this will just end up being another amazing story from my trip.