Three of our CARE residents have just tested positive for COVID-19. Yikes!! We have tried to be very careful to follow CDC guidelines, so this news comes as a shock.
For over a week now, I’ve been battling what I’m 99% sure is a major allergy attack. I’ve been taking Claritin-D but it hasn’t worked for me this time. I went to CVS today and had a consultation with the pharmacist. She told me that the drug loses its effectiveness if it is taken for too long a time and that I need to change to a different medication. She suggested Zyrtec and Flonase. This afternoon nurse Judy told me that I should stay away from the center for several days just to make sure I haven’t contracted the virus. I’m not happy about having to do it but I certainly do understand her decision.